Misty Pines Pet Company offers first class dog boarding accommodations for your family dog. Our state of the art dog kennels are comfortable and safe. Each dog kennel has its own Nelson® automatic watering system continuously providing your dog with fresh water. Our canine guests are provided with elevated Kuranda™ beds, music, skylights, air-conditioning, and radiant floor heating inside and out. Dogs have 24-hour access to their own outdoor run that has radiant floor heating and is under a skylight roof to protect them from the weather.
While your dog stays with us they may participate in any number of optional activities. We have options for every dog’s demeanor and desire! Group social time allows your pet to exercise and play with other social dogs in our outdoor play-yards and is available in one hour or four hour increments. We also offer private yard time for those that prefer a quieter experience. There are also solo activities such as walks on our nature trails or play ball time. Guests will receive “Cuddle Time” included in their daily activities, which is one-on-one attention from our staff. Click here for the menu of activities that your canine companion can participate in while visiting Misty Pines.
Grooming services are available Monday-Saturday for dogs that are boarding with us. You may schedule a haircut or bath, a thorough brushing, nail grinding, teeth brushing and more. Spa options are available if you would like to treat your dog (and yourself!) to an extra soft, shiny and great smelling coat. Please schedule your dog grooming appointment when you book your dog boarding reservation to ensure we have an available appointment.
All reservations are approved by our boarding directors. New clients, as well as current clients with new boarders, must complete our Boarding and Daycare Form before a pre-board visit can be scheduled and reservations will not be confirmed until a pre-board visit has been successfully completed. Please allow 48 hours for your dog’s reservation to be confirmed or to receive a phone call after you have submitted your form for a new boarder. Reservations are confirmed Monday – Saturday via phone or email.
We care about your dog!
Dog Boarding is a shared responsibility between you and your boarding kennel. Successful dog boarding depends not only on the kennel, but also on how well you prepare your dog in advance. Naturally, a dog who is relaxed about boarding will have a good experience and enjoy their stay. The best way to prepare your dog is to begin boarding while it is still young. Younger dogs adapt to new situations quicker than older dogs. It also helps to bring your dog in for short visits in preparation for a long visit. Pre-board stays are required for all new dogs who have never boarded at Misty Pines before. We want to take advantage of any opportunity to cut down on the stress put on your dog. Your dog can visit us in the morning or afternoon to spend time in the kennel for observation and acclimation. These pre-board stays acclimate your pet with our facility and staff. Please visit our pre-boarding page to learn more about this process.
Due to our commitment to your pet’s health and safety we require the Rabies, Bordetella (every 6 months) and Distemper vaccinations to be up-to-date for all dogs that visit Misty Pines. All dogs must have received vaccinations at least 10 days prior to visiting Misty Pines. Please provide your dog’s current vaccinations via e-mail or fax prior to their pre-boarding visit. We may not accept pets with certain medical conditions in order maintain a clean and healthy kennel.
Misty Pines Pet Company has No Breed Restrictions and No Restrictions on Intact Dogs.
$55 per day | Under 50 lbs
$60 per day | 50 lbs to 100 lbs
$65 per day | 100 lbs and over
Checkout time is 11:00 a.m.
There will be no charge for the departure day for dogs checking out by 11 a.m.
A $1 charge will be applied for administering medications and/or supplements. For example – If your dog takes 2 medications and/or supplements twice a day, you will be charged $4 for that day.
Our Pet Caregivers personally greet each pet every morning. Dogs receive breakfast around 8 a.m. You may choose to provide your dog’s own food, which should be in a hard, labeled, airtight container, or we provide Nature’s Variety and other high quality, nutritional foods. After breakfast, every dog’s kennel is cleansed thoroughly inside and out.
Throughout the day, your dog will have the chance to move freely between the indoor and outdoor sections of his/her individual kennel.
Dog boarding at Misty Pines can be an exciting social experience by taking advantage of our social time options. Dogs can run, play, and interact together in a friendly environment. We group dogs together by size, age, and temperament, forming appropriate groups of puppies, adult dogs, or geriatric dogs.
After their activities, it is time for your dog to rest in his/her individual dog kennel and have a snack. Treats and toys supplied by the owner are delivered to each guest per your request during check-in. You may also request training or grooming for your dog. Training and grooming often need to be pre-scheduled before your check-in date in order to ensure we have availability to add your dog to the grooming or training schedule.
We serve dinner around 3:30 p.m. Afterwards, dogs may either relax or exercise in their indoor/outdoor kennel.
Our Pet Caregivers will professionally care for your dog and ensure that he/she is healthy and happy. Remember, we care about your dog too!
When you pick up your dog he will be very excited to see you. Please read our “Now That Your Dog Is Home” page for some helpful hints to help make the transition back to home as smooth as possible.
Boarding Policies and Procedures
To help make your dog’s boarding a pleasant and relaxing experience for everyone, Misty Pines has instituted the following procedures:
• Pick-up and Drop-off By appointment only. Mon – Fri 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Closed Sundays. 5 days notice is required for ANY changes or cancellations. A $75 fee is charged if 5 days notice is not given. A credit card is required to hold all boarding reservations. Payment is due upon pickup. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
• All reservations are approved by our boarding directors. Please allow 48 hours for your dog’s reservation to be confirmed. Reservations are confirmed Monday – Saturday via phone or email.
• A signed Agreement and Terms and Conditions Form must be signed to accept any pet for boarding. All dogs must be accompanied by a printed copy of their up-to-date Rabies vaccination. Originals may be brought but will need to be copied.
• We do not accept blankets, towels, t-shirts, bedding nor any fabric toys from home. Edible treats and hard or rubber toys are allowed. Please wash all toys before bringing them to Misty Pines and label with your pets first and last name.
• All food must be in a labeled, hard air tight container. Tupperware or plastic containers please.
• Please be sure to inform us of any behavior or medical problems that your dog may have such as allergies, medications, separation anxiety, fear of thunder, history of epilepsy, etc. As a dog owner, you should be aware that you are financially responsible for any veterinary care required for your dog. All information which may help us care for your dog is pertinent.
• All dogs must be free of internal and external parasites, and must not have been exposed to any contagious disease. If any fleas are found, your dog will be bathed at your expense. For the sake of all dogs in our care, we reserve the right to deny boarding to any dog lacking the required vaccinations, any dog that appears to be behaviorally unsound or any dog that may have been exposed to contagious disease or internal or external parasites.
Helpful Dog Boarding Tips and Information
• We understand that this may be the first time that you are leaving your dog for an extended period of time, but please do not take this opportunity to over-indulge your dog with leftovers before coming to Misty Pines because you feel bad leaving him. Giving your dog unfamiliar food, especially in large quantities, can cause an upset stomach which can lead to diarrhea and ultimately, an unpleasant experience. Help us to make this the best stay possible for you dog and don’t give the dog the doggy bag!
• Many dogs get excited or anxious from traveling in the car and may also feel this way about coming to Misty Pines which can often cause dogs to eliminate. Designated toilet areas are located outside of our facility. Poop Bags are provided for your convenience. Please allow your dog ample time to eliminate before bringing him/her into the office to check-in. Our staff thanks you in advance.
• Plan ahead! Dog boarding is a very popular service, and we tend to book up quickly. Reserve your dog’s kennel as soon as you are aware of the dates you need. A credit card is required for all reservations.
• Although our office is closed on Sundays, our Pet Caregivers are present taking great care of our guests!
• Do not feed your dog at least four hours prior to boarding. This will minimize the possibility of having an upset stomach. Because exercise and eating habits can change, some dogs gain weight while at a kennel, while others may lose a few pounds.