We welcome you and your dog to the Dog Park. Run and play in the fenced-in playground, swim in the pond, and hike the wooded trails.
Our Dog Park Grounds enable dogs and their owners to spend quality time together in a dog friendly environment.
We have 25 acres of dog park grounds for you and your dog to enjoy. Our fenced in agility yard is split into three sections to accommodate dogs of varying ages and sizes. This helps keep puppies and small dogs safe in their own playground areas. Entrances to the yards are double gate systems to increase safety and provide owners easier ways to manage their dogs as they enter or exit the yards. Each section features obstacles for the dogs to enjoy. Water is provided outside of the play yards.
Our acreage is surrounded by walking trails that offer a scenic tour of our entire dog park grounds. The trail system is over 2 miles long and includes multiple places to start or stop your hike.
Visit Our Dog Pond!
You can watch your pup jump, swim, and dock dive in our dog pond. Our spring fed pond is the perfect place to acclimate your dog to water and water retrieval training. Enjoy our large grassy areas and our new pavilion for picnics.
We know that everyone wants to have a safe and fun time while maintaining the natural beauty of the land so that others can enjoy it in the future.
At your first visit to our park we will need your contact information, your dog’s vaccination records and information about your dog. Please complete our New Dog Registration Form and be sure to attach your dog’s Rabies, Bordetella, DHPP vaccinations before arriving at Misty Pines so you won’t need to worry about bringing anything with you except your dog and a water bowl.
Dog Park Rates:
- $10 per dog per visit.
- $150 – 6 month pass (one dog)
- $279 – 12 month pass (one dog)
Dog Park Hours:
- Mon – Fri – 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tues. & Thurs. – 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday – 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sundays – 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. by prepaid appointment only. (Clients with Park Passes must also have an appointment)
The fenced-in dog playground may be closed for private rental on select Sundays. During private rentals, the hiking trails and non-rented areas are still available for use by appointment.
Outdoor Dog Park Rental Rates:
- Fenced in area Yard 2 and 3 – $125 and up / per hr.
- Pond Rental – $125 and up / per hr.
Please be aware that there are inherent risks when dogs play together. They are active pack animals and like children, they could get hurt when playing roughly together. All handlers are responsible for the conduct of their own dogs at all times. Please be considerate of others in the park.
Please follow these simple guidelines to help keep our park safe and fun:
- Sign in at office before use. Sign out at office after use.
- Use the dog park at your own risk. Misty Pines Pet Company is not responsible for any injury to a dog or human.
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times. If your dog creates an injury to another dog or human you are responsible for your dog and any expense this may incur.
- All dogs must be current on Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella vaccinations. All pets must have received inoculations at least 10 days prior to their visit to Misty Pines. This includes new and updated vaccinations. Dogs need to be free from any parasites and sickness.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the fenced in playground. When entering the fenced in playground, release your dog in the middle of the area, not at the gated entrance.
- Owners must clean-up their dog’s waste immediately.
- When your dog is in the fenced in playground you must also be in the fenced in playground supervising your dog with leash readily available. Dogs should be under voice control.
- Dog handlers must be at least 18 years of age. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted and must be removed immediately.
- “Yellow bandanna dogs” are not permitted in the fenced in playground. A dog wearing a yellow bandanna signifies they need more personal space (minimum of 3 feet). Yellow bandanna dogs ARE permitted on leash in other areas of the park. Please respect their personal space and do not allow your dog to rush up to them.
- Intact male dogs 1 year and older are not permitted in the fenced in playground. Intact male dogs ARE permitted on leash in other areas of the park and they must wear a yellow bandanna.
- Please pay attention and monitor your dog. Do not permit them to become rowdy and bully other patrons. Inappropriately behaved dogs will be excused from the park.
- No treats, balls or toys are permitted in the fenced in playground due to resource guarding (possessive aggression) tendencies. The fenced in playground is for proper socialization only. Treats, balls and toys ARE permitted at and around the trails and pond.
- It is highly suggested that you have your dog come and sit next to you every 15 minutes while socializing. This is to lower cortisol and adrenaline levels before they become overstimulated and behave in an inappropriate manner.
- Misty Pines Dog Park is privately owned and monitored by Misty Pines and Franklin Park Borough Police. Use of the dog park during times it is closed is prohibited and is considered trespassing. Intruders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Prohibited: Glass containers, Dogs in heat, Sick dogs, Aggressive dogs.
- Vaccination Requirements for Training Classes, Grooming, and Dog Park Grounds: All dogs must be current on Rabies, DHLPP, and Bordetella (Bordetella every 6 months) vaccinations. All pets must have received inoculations at least 10 days prior to their visit to Misty Pines. The waiting period will allow your dog to build sufficient immunity to the vaccinations which will make your dog less susceptible to catching or transferring any unwanted viruses. This includes new and updated vaccinations. Your pet cannot be over due for vaccinations – NO EXCEPTIONS. For example, if your pet is scheduled to visit Misty Pines on May 14 and received vaccinations on May 6, we cannot accept your pet due to the insufficient 10 day waiting period. Please bring vaccination records with you or fax to the Misty Pines office at 412-367-7387.