Level I Dog Training Class
Tuesday, June 1, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating indefinitely
Level I Dog Training Class is for beginner dogs 6+ months of age.
Misty Pines’ Classes are designed to teach you, as the dog owner, how to teach your dog basic commands such as sit, down, heel, stay, take a walk, stand, side, good manners, agility obstacles and more. Our classes incorporate real life distractions for your dog to work through. This helps to train reliability and transferability into your dog so they will be successful in various locations. We encourage everyone in the family to be a part of the training process. Training classes are informative, engaging and educational as well as entertaining for your whole family.
The first step towards attending group classes is to attend an Orientation. This prerequisite session will provide the information necessary to prepare you for group classes. Click here to learn more about Orientation.
Level I Dog Training Class Schedule
Tuesdays 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Thursdays 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
Thursdays 7:30 – 8:15 p.m.
Saturdays 12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
Saturdays 2:30 – 3:15 p.m.
$25 per class or 1 punch on Class Pass
The syllabus for our classes follow many of the exercises for the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test (CGC) and the Therapy Dog International (TDI) Test. Classes focus on obedience, manners and proper socialization with reward based training. Your dog will learn verbal commands, leash signals and hand signals from attending the classes.
Misty Pines does not believe that after a predetermined number of classes your dog will be ready for the next level so progression to the next level of classes is determined by an evaluation. During this evaluation you and your dog will need to demonstrate that you are able to complete a series of required behaviors.
Level I Dog Training Class Evaluation: All evaluations are by appointment and are held during your regularly scheduled class. This evaluation must be scheduled with a trainer. Cost is $25 pass or fail.
- Sit/Stay- Two minutes, 20ft away, circle
- Down/Stay- Three minutes, 20ft away, circle/step over/straddle
- Heel- One minute with speed changes and a figure 8 around 2 classmates.
- Recall- Off a sit/stay from 20ft away to front and finish (left or right)
- Place- From 20ft away
- Meet and Greet- Greet a classmate close enough to shake hands
- Front/Finish- Execute both left and right finish
- Side and Stand- 30 seconds, 6ft away
- Distance Sit/Down/Spin- From 6ft away
- Leave It- Treats on floor surrounding dog
- Hold- Hold dumbbell for 10 sec
- This Way- Loose leash walk with 3 turns
- Clicker- Use clicker for three behaviors
- Touch- Nose target three objects
- Moving Down- Lay down while in motion
After Graduation, students will move up to the Level II Class, where you will fine-tune your dog’s repertoire of obedience behaviors and your dog will experience more advanced agility obstacles.
All dogs must be current on Rabies, DHLPP, and Bordetella (Bordetella every 6 months) vaccinations. All pets must have received inoculations at least 10 days prior to their visit to Misty Pines.