Misty Pines Pet Company offers first class dog boarding accommodations for your family dog. Our state of the art dog kennels are comfortable and safe. Each dog kennel has its own Nelson® automatic watering system continuously providing your dog with fresh water. Our canine guests are provided with elevated Kuranda™ beds, music, skylights, air-conditioning, and radiant floor heating inside and out. All dogs have 24-hour access to their own outdoor run that has radiant floor heating and is under a skylight roof to protect them from the weather.
While your dog stays with us they may participate in any number of optional activities. We have options for every dog’s demeanor and desire! Group playtime allow your pet to exercise and play with other social dogs in our outdoor play-yards. Playtimes are available in one hour, 4 hour, or 8 hour increments. We also make certain yards available for Private Playtimes for those that prefer a quieter experience. There are also solo activities such as walks on our nature trails or play ball time. A favorite for the smaller breeds is cuddle time, 15 minutes of one-on-one attention from our staff. Our senior boarders like this option as well. See below for our menu of activities that your canine companion can participate in while visiting Misty Pines.
We care about your dog!
Due to our commitment to your pet’s health and safety we require the Rabies, Bordetella (every 6 months) and Distemper vaccinations to be up-to-date for all dogs that visit Misty Pines. Please provide your dog’s current vaccinations via e-mail or fax prior to their pre-boarding visit. We may not accept pets with certain medical conditions in order maintain a clean and healthy kennel. Pre-board stays are required for all new dogs who have never boarded at Misty Pines before. We want to take advantage of any opportunity to cut down on the stress put on your dog. Your dog can spend a morning or afternoon with us and spend time in a kennel for observation and acclimation. These pre-board stays acclimate your pet with our facility and staff. Please visit our pre-boarding page to learn more about this process.
Misty Pines Pet Company has No Breed Restrictions and No Restrictions on Intact Dogs.
Under 40 lbs:
$33 per day
Checkout time is 11:00 a.m.
|High Season Rates*|
Under 40 lbs:
$38 per day
High Season Dates for 2018:
Your dog will have an exciting routine each day during his boarding visit. Our Pet Care Technicians personally greet each pet every morning. Dogs receive breakfast around 8 a.m. We provide Nature’s Variety and other high quality, nutritional foods. You may choose to provide your dog’s own food in a labeled airtight container. After breakfast, every dog’s kennel is cleansed thoroughly inside and out.
Throughout the day, your dog will have the chance to move freely between the indoor and outdoor sections of his/her individual kennel.
Dog Boarding at Misty Pines can be an exciting social experience by taking advantage of our PLAYTIME options. Dogs can run, play, and interact together in a friendly environment. We group dogs together by size, age, and temperament, forming appropriate groups of puppies, adult dogs, or geriatric dogs. Your dog can exercise, mingle, and have fun all day long. We also offer Cuddle Time, Play Ball and Nature Trail Walks.
After playtime, it is time for your dog to rest in his/her individual dog kennel and have a snack. Treats and toys supplied by the owner are delivered to each guest per your request during check-in. You may also request training or grooming for your dog at check-in.
We serve dinner around 4 p.m. Afterwards, dogs may either relax or exercise in their indoor/outdoor kennel.
Our Pet Care Technicians will professionally care for your dog and ensure that he/she is healthy and happy. Remember, we care about your dog too!
When you pick up your dog he will be very excited to see you. Please read our “Now That Your Dog Is Home” page for some helpful hints to help make the transition back to home as smooth as possible.
Helpful Dog Boarding Tips and Information
• Dog Boarding is a shared responsibility between you and your boarding kennel. Successful dog boarding depends not only on the kennel, but also on how well you prepare your dog in advance. Naturally, a dog who is relaxed about boarding will have a good experience and enjoy their stay. The best way to prepare your dog is to begin boarding while it is still young. Younger dogs adapt to new situations quicker than older dogs. It also helps to bring your dog in for short visits in preparation for a long visit.
• We understand that this may be the first time that you are leaving your dog for an extended period of time, but please do not take this opportunity to over-indulge your dog with leftovers before coming to Misty Pines because you feel bad leaving him. Giving your dog unfamiliar food, especially in large quantities, can cause an upset stomach which can lead to diarrhea and ultimately, an unpleasant experience. Help us to make this the best stay possible for you dog and don’t give the dog the doggy bag!
• Many dogs get excited or anxious from traveling in the car and may also feel this way about coming to Misty Pines which can often cause dogs to eliminate. Designated toilet areas are located outside of our facility. Poop Bags are provided for your convenience. Please allow your dog ample time to eliminate before bringing him/her into the office to check-in. Our staff thanks you in advance.
• Plan ahead! Dog boarding is a very popular service, and we tend to book up quickly. Reserve your dog’s kennel as soon as you are aware of the dates you need. A credit card is required for all reservations.
• Although our office is closed on Sundays, our Pet Care Technicians are present taking great care of our guests!
• You are welcome to request a pre-check-in to expedite the check-in process. Be prepared to supply vaccination records, an emergency number, and instructions for feeding, exercise, training, and grooming.
• Do not feed your dog at least four hours prior to boarding. This will minimize the possibility of having an upset stomach. Because exercise and eating habits can change, some dogs gain weight while at a kennel, while others may lose a few pounds.
• Please be sure to inform us of any behavior or medical problems that your dog may have such as allergies, medications, separation anxiety, fear of thunder, history of epilepsy, etc. As a dog owner, you should be aware that you are financially responsible for any veterinary care required for your dog. All information which may help us care for your dog is pertinent.
• All dogs must be free of internal and external parasites, and must not have been exposed to any contagious disease. If any fleas are found, your dog will be bathed at your expense. For the sake of all dogs in our care, we reserve the right to deny boarding to any dog lacking the required vaccinations, any dog that appears to be behaviorally unsound or any dog that may have been exposed to contagious disease or internal or external parasites.
**A $1 charge will be applied for administering medications and/or supplements. For example – If your dog takes 2 medications and/or supplements twice a day, you will be charged $4 for that day.
*The term “Difficult Dogs” pertains to those dogs that are human aggressive, fearful, overly dominant or have bitten humans in the past and cannot be handled by our Pet Care Technicians. These dogs are evaluated on a case by case basis. If you would like to work with Jeff on extinguishing these behaviors before, during or after boarding, please e-mail at email@example.com or call at 412.364.4122. For more information please visit our Behavior Consultation page.
|1 HOUR PLAYTIME |
4 HOURS PLAYTIME (1/2 DAY)
|Group playtime gives your dog an opportunity to run, play, socialize and interact with other dogs. We create appropriate groups of dogs based on age, size and temperament.|
|1 HOUR PLAYTIME FOR NON-NEUTERED MALES |
4 HOURS PLAYTIME FOR NON-NEUTERED MALES(1/2 DAY)
|Many daycare facilities do not accept intact male dogs for group play. Managing the social dynamic created by intact males in a large group requires specific skills and carries additional challenges and liability for staff and other dogs. Not all dogs are good candidates for group play. This fee applies to male dogs over the age of 8 months that are not neutered.|
|1/2 HOUR PRIVATE PLAYTIME||$10|
|Private yard times are available for dogs that may not interact well with other dogs. Your dog will have a half hour playtime session by themselves with an opportunity to run and sniff on their own.|
|WALK||$10 / 15 minutes|
|A Misty Pines Pet Care Technician will spend special one on one time with your dog taking them for a leisurely walk around our park and hiking trails.|
|CUDDLE TIME||$10 / 15 minutes|
|A staff member will spend one on one time with your dog. A great option for first time boarders, shy dogs, geriatric dogs and any dog that loves people.|
|PLAY BALL||$10 / 15 minutes|
|For the ball chasers and retrievers. A Misty Pines staff member will throw a ball or special toy for your dog to run, fetch and play with.|
|AGILITY||$15 / 15 minutes|
|Jumps, Scrambles, and Dog Walks! Your dog will have a blast running and playing on all of our Agility obstacles. If your dog doesn’t know how to do an obstacle, we’ll teach them.|
|OBEDIENCE TRAINING SESSION||$40 / 30 minutes or $25 / 15 minutes|
|The Misty Pines professional trainers will work with your dog on any commands you would like. Some of the most popular requests we address are jumping up, pulling on leash, sit and down, stay and come. Your choices are unlimited. Whatever your need, we can help.|
|Kong – Your dog will enjoy a stuffed Kong.||$5 / 15 minutes.|
|Ice Cream – Your dog will enjoy an ice cream treat.||$2.50|
|TREADWHEEL & TREADMILL TRAINING||$15 / 15 minutes|
|Our conditioning and exercise programs will help get your dog in shape and help him/her stay fit and active. Short sessions throughout the day help with the initial training and give the dog a well deserved break after each 5 minute period.|
|SWIMMING||$40 / 30 minutes|
|Half an hour swimming in our Dog Pond with one of our staff members. They can have a session of water retrieving, diving off the dock after retrieving bumpers.|
|Boot Camp||$999 (High Season $1069)|
|Our professional training staff will provide a structured environment and daily training sessions that will foster learning and growth at a more rapid pace. This is a great way to jump-start training, accelerate to a more advanced level or to correct problem behaviors. Additionally, our pet care technicians will provide all the luxuries of a premiere boarding facility.|
Boarding Policies and Procedures
To help make your dog’s boarding a pleasant and relaxing experience for everyone, Misty Pines has instituted the following procedures:
Pick-up and Drop-off By appointment only.
A signed Agreement and Terms and Conditions Form must be signed to accept any pet for boarding.
Vaccination Requirements for Boarding and Daycare: All dogs at Misty Pines Pet Company must be current on Rabies, DHLPP, and Bordetella (Bordetella every 6 months) vaccinations. All dogs must have received inoculations at least 10 days prior to their visit to Misty Pines. The waiting period will allow your dog to build optimal immunity to the vaccinations which will make your dog less susceptible to catching or transferring any unwanted viruses. This includes new and updated vaccinations. Your pet cannot be over due for vaccinations – NO EXCEPTIONS. For example; if your pet is scheduled to visit Misty Pines on May 14 and received vaccinations on May 6, we cannot accept your pet due to the insufficient 10 day waiting period. Please fax records to the Misty Pines office at 412-367-7387.
All dogs must be accompanied by a printed copy of their up-to-date Rabies vaccination. Originals may be brought but will need to be copied.
A credit card is required to hold all boarding reservations.
We provide bedding, food and water dishes and Nature’s Variety food for all dogs boarding with us.
We do not accept blankets, towels, t-shirts, bedding nor any fabric toys from home. Edible treats and hard or rubber toys are allowed. Please wash all toys before bringing them to Misty Pines and label with your pets first and last name.
All food must be in a labeled, hard air tight container. Tupperware or plastic containers please.
Be aware: items may be misplaced during your pet’s stay. Please label any belongings and keep your dog’s favorite possessions at home.
Please be prepared to take your leash and collar with you. We do not need any leashes or tags while your dog is with us.
Payment is due upon pickup. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.